Monday, December 6, 2010

Every little thing...

Picture the Holidays: Every Little Thing
From Tracey Clark: "Begin this day with eyes wide open to the tiny wonders that are constantly all around. Even at the most ordinary time of day, while doing the most mundane tasks, little moments of enchantment will reveal themselves. Find some small delight today."



Anna, my three year old, left these buttons on the floor this morning. She had been playing with them before she left for daycare.

Now, it could have been just one more Anna mess to clean up. (And trust me, there are LOTS of those!) But instead they turned out to be a beautiful reminder....

The buttons belong to my sister Annie. They are one of the little treasures she left behind at our house before she flew off to the Peace Corps in October. I guess Annie and I are alike in that way....both of us recognized that even a few little buttons hold meaning. Annie couldn't toss them before she left. And, I have kept them in a special spot in my kitchen where I see them everyday.

I guess Anna and I both needed a little Aunt Annie today....

(For those of you who have read my past blog posts about Annie leaving for Rwanda, Africa in October, you can catch up on her adventures on her blog The Long Way Around. She is doing well. She is adjusting. She is amazing!!)

Reverb10: Make
What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it? (Author: Gretchen Rubin)

Made dinner.

Served things I'm not willing to admit to.

I want to take time to make real dinners again. Food I can feel good feeding to my kids, instead of meals that I'm hiding from.

January 1st resolution: a family food intervention. I know it is a sugary-free-for-all right now. So, get it while you can, kiddos. The winds of change are blowing....

No comments:

Post a Comment