Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The holiday blur...

Picture the Holidays: Express Yourself
From Tracey Clark: "How are you today? What is your body saying? How about your mind? Your heart? Listen to the shouts and whispers, take it all in, and then exhale. Now, get your camera and express those feelings."

It struck very early this morning. Like 12:30 a.m. early....I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. I was wide awake and my head was spinning...

So far this holiday season, everything has been under control. I was as prepared as a Girl Scout before Thin Mint season. Or so I thought....

When I woke up in the middle of the night, my heart was beating fast and I was I was breaking out in a cold sweat. Out of nowhere....There were just way too many details. Too many unfinished things to take care of. I think the Keebler elf had finally caught up with this Girl Scout...

Breathe, breathe....

I took these pictures downtown Minneapolis today, as I walked around the skyway with my camera in hand. (First time I've done that) The blur and the movement in the photos pretty much sums up how I was feeling this morning....



I've since recovered. Thankfully! The holidays are back on track around here, and full speed ahead (in case you were worried). My remedy? A pen and notebook.

For me, a good list can cure most anything....

Well, lists actually. I made four. In different notebooks, so I could look at them all side-by-side. I know, I know. I'm a freak like that. But it worked. I feel SO much better. I just needed to get it all out of my head and in a safe place. On paper.

And the best news: It didn't cost me a dime to get to this happy place. No massage or expensive shoes were necessary in the creation of this serenity. No junk food calories either. I love notebook therapy!

P.S. I really liked the way the photos from my morning walk-about. So, I couldn't resist posting a few more...





Reverb10: Community
Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011? (Author: Cali Harris)

Answer shortly....

No comments:

Post a Comment