Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Engrossed......

Yesterday, I found Henry completely mesmerized by the book he's been reading.

This past weekend, we were at a book store, and both kids were able to pick out a book. Henry chose "The Invention of Hugo Cabret." This, of course, is the book that Martin Scorsese so beautifully made into the movie "Hugo."

Check out Henry's zebra bookmark.  A gift from Grandma and Grandpa, straight from Rwanda.  It is leather and hand-painted, and I wish I had a whole zoo of them.....


I love when Henry becomes so completely engulfed in a book.  Step away from the video-games, my dear.  The real adventure is in the pages of your books...... 

Henry has carried this book everywhere with him.  To Grandma and Grandpa's for Easter.  To school.  To the library.  ("Mom, what if it is checked out at the library.  Then what would I read?")



I think Henry particularly loves how substantial the book is.  It's heavy.  It feels good in his hands.  It makes him feel grown-up to be reading a book with so many pages.  (Henry commented that it has almost as many pages as the Steve Jobs biography I'm reading right now.  In fact, he asked if he could read my book after he was done with Hugo!)




We watched the movie Hugo just last weekend.  (If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.  Absolutely stunning!)

Henry is still deciding which he likes better.  The movie or the book.  I think it may end up being a tie.  But of course, I could care less..... 

Just keep reading, darling!!

No comments:

Post a Comment