Monday, September 12, 2011

What I've learned....

It has been such an amazing year for me and my camera.... Twelve months ago, I never imagined what I might be able to see through my lens…..I’ve spent time with dear friends, and I’ve met lots of new ones.  I took pictures in back yards, in old familiar places, and in fabulous spots I had never visited before.  And I had a blast!

But now, with autumn in the air, I’ve decided to take a bit of a break from photo sessions.  I’m not quite sure what is next with all my picture stuff, but I figure I need to take the time to find out.  So, other than a smattering of sessions already scheduled (including a wedding in December - - in Jamaica!!), you’ll be seeing a lot more pictures of my own little ones in the coming months…..

In looking back at this past year, I am astounded by all I’ve learned.  And, well - you know me. - I had to share....

To quote one of my favorite movies, Love Actually IS all around….

Bizal-45bw

Asking a kid to jump is a sure way to get a real smile.  

IMG_2391

Blog-38

Blurry is beautiful.

IMG_3231

A black and white photo provides a glimpse into something real and true.

_MG_9833bw

Toohey-10

IMG_5746bw

Emily-2

BizalBlog-16

_MG_9964bw

The eyes definitely have it….

_MG_7110

Okay - - so do the hands and legs and eyelashes and tummies.

_MG_8216

_MG_0149

_MG_0122x2

_MG_7047

IMG_3610


Nothing - nothing - beats a mama kiss or squeeze.

IMG_3813

DeLuca-4

IMG_2167x2

IMG_3821x2

Hoxie-Blog-1

The everyday really is extraordinary.

_MG_7228

_MG_9641

_MG_8636

Smith-73

Blog4x6-17

Beauty.  Everywhere.

IMG_6377

Lawrence-6bw

_MG_8620

Blog-28

IMG_4778

Clearly, our best memories are so connected to the images we keep.  This past year only re-affirms my reasons for making photographs such an important part of my life.  This past year has been a gift. 

I'm am so grateful to everyone who has helped me along the way.

I can’t wait to see what is next.

3 comments:

  1. Just beautiful. Hope we can talk again soon. Can't wait to see where you'll go next...

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely, Debra! I love the emotion and connection in your photos!! Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still one of my favorite shots of our kiddos - what a great captured moment. Wishing you amazing things as you move forward. I can honestly say I hope those photos aren't the last ones we are lucky enough to have taken by you. You have a gift Deb - there is no doubt:)I for one cannot wait to see the wedding pics that you take in Jamacia! How cool is that? ENJOY - you deserve every minute of it! What a lucky bride & groom!

    ReplyDelete