Saturday, July 17, 2010

Just add water...

I am grateful for Minnesota humidity. Really!!

Today is another hot and humid summer day! I love days like today! I know, I know . . . I don't make any friends by saying that I love the humidity. But to me, these hot and sticky mid-summer days, with air as thick as syrup, are my absolute favorites.

Maybe I'd feel differently if I had to work in it, or if I didn't have a comfortable air-conditioned house to retreat to. But, in doses I can control, the humidity makes the summer feel real. I know it is July. I know that I'd better enjoy these days right now. Living in Minnesota, I know that the cold is never far away . . .

Plus, humidity is motivating. Of course it is uncomfortable, so we need to make the most of it. We'll go to the pool or the lake, or bust out the sprinkler, or have a water fight. It's summer!!

When I lived in Alaska, the summers were cool and SO dry. Alaska never had humidity, at least not in any measure. I always hated that. And I missed it. So to me, humidity feels like home.

(click on the pictures for a better view)













No comments:

Post a Comment