Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My best shot monday 7.26.10

My obsession . . .

Anna is all three. Demanding. Hilarious. Adventurous. Animated. Radiant. Intoxicating. Although I'm ready to tear my hair out at moments, I am totally taken with her and who she is right now. If I could, I'd stop time and simply watch for a little while longer.

I took this yesterday when the boys were running through the sprinkler, and Anna was playing on the porch - - watching but not getting wet. Right after this shot, Anna wouldn't let me take another picture of her the whole evening. I'm glad I already had this one.

(It was just about an hour before sunset. I'm usually not a big fan of sepia tones, but I thought the coloring worked well with the light. I used my Canon 50 mm f/1.8 - the nifty fifty. I haven't used it much since I bought it a few months ago. It was fun to play.)

Linked to Tracey Clark's "My Best Shot Monday."



1 comment:

  1. If you figure out how to stop time, let me know!

    I can never take enough shots of my daughter ... they change so fast and it is amazing to look back and recognize how fully formed their personalities were all the way back then. The joy is we get to discover that as we go along.

    Lovely choice for sepia. I have the 50 mm 1.4 and LOVE IT especially for indoor shots with low light (like bedtime reading shots or early morning sleepy head shots) Keep snapping away - she is priceless!

    xo Lis (coming over from BSM)

    ReplyDelete