Monday, August 23, 2010

I am cool...



I am grateful for my sassy, fiercely independent, darling 3-year-old, who sang this little song yesterday, as she danced around the family room in her underwear and her swim goggles . . .

(and this is all Anna's song, word for word. I was taking notes as she sang. I could tell this was going to be a good one . . . )

"I am cool,
I am cool

Cool, cool, cool.

Oh yeah,
Oh yeah.

I am so pretty
PRRREETTTYY!!
Yeah!!


Oh yeah,

Yeah, yeah, yeah
.

I am a good sister.
I love my brother.

Heeennnrrryyy.


And I am a friend to all.

Emily.
Cedra.

Ava.
Ashton.

Robert.
And Carter.


My friends, friends, friends.

I love you.
LOOVVVEEEE you."


-----

Then she froze.
And looked at me. "How's that mama?" she said.
I was speechless.

(Seriously, who is this little girl??)


No comments:

Post a Comment