Sunday, March 13, 2011

Firehouse session...

My Saturday photo shoot was at my local fire station and I was so excited.  I felt like a third-grader, going on a field trip....

IMG_4115

This is Katie.  She is eight years old (almost nine - - her May birthday is around the corner!)  Katie's dad is a long-time volunteer firefighter in our community and we were lucky enough to be able to take our pictures at the firehouse.   (A photographers dream - - talk about great light!!)

IMG_4076

This is Frank.  He just finished up his hockey season, and is gearing up for baseball soon.  Frank really wasn't too excited about getting his picture taken.  He made me work for every shot....But when I did catch one, I swear he had a smile that would light up a room....

IMG_3964

Katie, on the other hand, would have posed for me all day long....And with gorgeous shots like this, why not??

IMG_3979

I think this is one of my favorite shots from the day.  I just love these smiles.

IMG_4122

Okay, look at that toe point.  Any chance you'd guess Katie is a dancer?  Oh yeah....and a hockey player and a pianist.  Talk about a well-rounded kid!  (and busy parents!!)

IMG_3989

Love this one!

IMG_4139bw

Katie decided I needed my picture taken.  Click!

IMG_3981

Despite any hesitancy that Frank showed in getting his picture taken, it completely vanished when mom suggested he put on the fire gear.  Just look at that smile.  Clearly, as son to a firefighter, you can just see how proud he was to put on the jacket and hat.  And considering his dad's nearly 20 years of service to our community, I understand why!!

IMG_4004

IMG_4022

I think this was the ONLY quiet moment I caught the entire session.

IMG_4169

IMG_4105

IMG_4128

Thank you so much Annette, Frank and Katie!  I hope you had as much fun as I did!!

(Just admit it Frank....you had fun too!  Ha!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment