Thursday, March 24, 2011

Well lived....

My Uncle Joe passed away on Tuesday. His death is a great loss to all of us.

The entire time I was growing up, my family lived next to Uncle Joe's family (with Grandma and Grandpa in-between). Some summers, I'd spend more time there on the farm, than I did at my own house.

Uncle Joe was a good man. He will be missed by so many.

IMG_0049
l to r on the couch: My Uncle Donald, Grandpa, Grandma holding my Aunt Gail.  l to r on the floor: My dad Tom and Uncle Joe.

I always loved the photo above.  Such an iconic 1950's family.  And the wonderful thing is they really lived the iconic life too.  Strong loving family.  Hard work and solid values.  Passed down to their own families...

IMG_0045
l to r: My dad, Uncle Joe and Uncle Donald.

IMG_0046
l to r: Dad and Uncle Joe.  Homemade ice cream on a warm summer day!

Everyday, Uncle Joe showed us what was most important to him, not so much with words, but by how he lived his life.  Family first.  Always first.  Then friends, the community, the farm.   All so much a part of who he was.  He taught his family well.

Rest in peace....

No comments:

Post a Comment