Thursday, April 21, 2011

Blue skies....

Despite the dreary weather lately, we all know it can't last forever. The signs are everywhere....

These chives were snow-covered just a few days ago -

IMG_5977

My peony is budding. It is my absolute favorite of all the flowers I have planted in my garden. Mostly because of the memories it holds for me. I remember the peonies from the first house we lived in when I was growing up, and at my grandma's house. To me, these buds are the definition of spring! And they mean "home" to me.

IMG_5980

Happy kids outside, even if it is still a little chilly....

IMG_5999

IMG_6005

IMG_6006

IMG_6021

IMG_6014

That's a nest in the top of the tree.

IMG_5945

Yes, call me a hopeless optimist (it is my curse...), but I know we're destined for blue skies!

IMG_6068

My family is headed out for a mini-spring break trip. The kids can hardly wait! I just need to get through the packing. Then I'll be ready to enjoy the fun too!

Happy spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment