Sunday, April 10, 2011

Saturday morning outing...

You'll never guess where I was yesterday....

IMG_5799

The Como Zoo in St. Paul!

I had the honor of meeting this fabulous family and taking a few photos. 

This is Neve.  She is two and a half.  She brought her mom and dad with her to the zoo.  Neve's mom Huong is sister to my dear friend Uyen.  Huong and I have heard much about each other for years, so it was about time we met! 

IMG_5552

It was a lovely morning.  And really, what could be better than a day at zoo on the first nice weekend of spring?

Well maybe COTTON CANDY at the zoo on the first nice weekend of spring....!

IMG_5578

IMG_5634

We started our outing in the Conservatory, checking out the flowers and the fish pond.  I think Neve was a little skeptical at first.  Who was this stranger following her around with a camera??  But she warmed up quickly.

IMG_5534

IMG_5753bw

Neve's favorite game of the morning was "swing me."  And really, what 2 year old doesn't love that game....

Of course, Mom and dad were more than happy to oblige.   

IMG_5605

IMG_5609

This game produced some of the biggest smiles of the morning.

IMG_5643

The thing I love about an informal "as-is" photo session is seeing the real interactions going on between family members.  The connections.  The honest smiles and hugs and glances.  And I feel so privileged to see it all unfold.

Clearly, my favorite part about this session was simply watching Neve with her mom and dad. 

IMG_5717

IMG_5877

There is just something that I love about this shot....

IMG_5636

IMG_5763

IMG_5746bw

Robert, Huong and Neve - I can't thank you enough for allowing me to tag along at the zoo.  It was so wonderful to meet you.  I'll have much more to share soon....

IMG_5668

No comments:

Post a Comment