Friday, August 5, 2011

Another lesson....

Let's just say that Ella was less than enthused to have her picture taken last Saturday morning. And really. Can I blame her? I probably wouldn't be too excited to have a stranger following me around with a camera either...

Ella was much more interested in the baby birds, and the geese, and the fish in the Japanese Garden. And hanging close to mom.

Regardless of my presence, she was adorable and charming and whip-smart!  She's the kind of kid that you'd want to take the time to get to know.....

DalbyBlog-2

DalbyBlog-4

DalbyBlog-3

DalbyBlog-5

DalbyBlog-7

DalbyBlog-6
Ella is an aspiring photographer herself, with quite the eye, I hear..

DalbyBlog-12

DalbyBlog-14

DalbyBlog-15

DalbyBlog-16

DalbyBlog-20

DalbyBlog-17

DalbyBlog-11

DalbyBlog-10

Last Saturday morning, Ella taught me that I don't necessarily need faces in my frame in order for photos to have meaning.

Actually, my favorite shots from that day are of arms and backs and hands and shadows. These pictures have just as much closeness and significance to them.

DalbyBlog-13

And Ella taught me that waiting for someone to be comfortable enough to turn around and look - - well, that's simply part of my job.....

Clearly, it was oh-so worth the wait....

DalbyBlog-21


Patience, I'm learning, just might be one of the most important (and under-rated) photographic skills of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment