Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A glimpse....

Dani was one of the first people I met when I was hired for my current job nearly 12 years ago. And fortunate for me, we became fast friends. Despite our crazy-busy lives, we make a point to squeeze in a lunch from time to time, at least to keep up with the big things. Kids. Significant-others. New houses. New jobs....

I think one of the great privileges of my whole photography adventure this past year, has been getting a glimpse into the beautiful moments in people's lives. Moments I may not otherwise have a chance to witness. And, I am so grateful to Dani (and Jermaine and McK) for giving me just that glimpse last week.

Blog-28x2

Blog-7x2

Blog-4

Blog-1x2

Blog-12x2
All afternoon, McK was in pursuit of the perfect picture. He wanted "breathtaking." Well, I think this picture of his mom certainly fits the bill. Gorgeous, Dani.....


Blog-13x2

Blog-11x2
Clearly, I wasn't the only photographer shooting this session. McK had a vision all his own!


Blog-23x2

Blog-24x2

Blog-27

Blog-26

Blog-18

Blog-19

Blog-29

Blog-2

Now I can't quite presume to say that a photo session makes me all-knowing. But I do think there are things you can just tell when you spend time with someone, looking through a camera lens. Sometimes, you can just see the happy. You know, the real kind of happy. And I sure did last week with Dani and Jermaine and McK.

Despite the inevitable ups and downs that life throws at all us, what more could I hope for a dear friend, other than that kind of happiness.....

Thank you so much Dani. Thank you for giving me a glimpse into the beautiful in your life.

2 comments: