1. Monthly date night: so we haven’t found a new babysitter yet, and I hate bugging my mom and dad all the time. But Ray and I have gone on dates probably about every other month. All things considered, I’ll take that.
4. Pexa/Cox family credo: created. Living by it: work in progress.
5. Update our list of family rules: check! (getting the kids involved: yup! Enforcing with consistency: do I hear my mother calling me??? Sorry, gotta go…)
8. Keep a kids journal: in many ways, my “Everyday Gratitude” has become my kid journal. That's about all I can keep up with!
9. Intentionally photograph the kids at least once per month for a year: check (and then some). Although I do need to get some of the kids together. Might be quite the challenge!
Health and Fitness
Um…yeah…No health and fitness goals to report on. A far cry from my tri-training days just a year ago. And it shows. I hate that!!
17. Really evaluate what I am passionate about in my life: in progress.
18. Create a mastermind / goal-setting group and participate fully: I LOVE JULD!! (my monthly solace with wise and very dear friends!!)
22. Develop a plan to learn children’s and family documentary portraiture and implement: every spare minute…Can't wait for my workshop with Audrey Woulard this weekend.
Spiritual / Inner!
24. Start a gratitude journal as a blog and write in it everyday for a year: check! I’m amazed at how this simple exercise has made such an impact on my daily outlook.
30. Clean and organize the kid’s closets. about half done. The August garage sale made a HUGE dent!! It felt so good to find a little closet breathing space!
Community / Greater Good
37. Make bill paying as paperless as possible: I went nearly all paperless, but then worried that I was missing bills, particularly those that didn’t send an automatic email notice. So, now I still get a few by mail. A good balance. I much prefer the peace of mind knowing everything is paid on time!
46. Develop two new good friendships with people who live nearby: one down, one to go.
House and Home
49. Share fresh flowers from my cutting garden with someone once a week all summer long: my intentions were good, but my garden drowned in weeds and barely produced a bloom. I’ll try again next year.
53. Continue to maintain all gardens organically: Yes, but the weeds were so out of control that I barely got anything out of the garden. I think I need to rethink my strategy for next year.
55. Make a sunflower house with the kids: we planted, we weeded, we mowed, and we grew huge sunflowers. But, the sunflowers were so big, that there wasn’t room left to play. Again, we’ll rethink this one next summer.
56. Build a fire pit: built, but remains unused. I’m still not sure how the summer escaped us without a single bonfire. Maybe a nice autumn blaze??
63. Go on a long weekend trip with Ray to Chicago: yes, yes, yes!! We leave on Friday morning. I will attend my photography workshop (!!) on Saturday and part of Sunday, but we’ll have the rest of the time together, including Monday for ourselves. 3 whole nights without Anna snoring between us!!
66. Go camping in 4 state parks: Jay Cooke State Park with my family in July. Fun was had by all.
Fun For All Of Us
77. Go to a Twins game at Target Field: Henry, Ray and I enjoyed a beautiful evening with the Twins in August. Great game. Great fun!!
90. Start my own successful / sustainable business: working on it!!
94. Build HSA account to a minimum of $6,000 at the end of a calendar year: I was well on my way. Then my root canal and subsequent crown derailed the momentum. $3,000 later, and we’re building the fund all over again. Oh well, at least we had the HSA to fall back on!
101. Take portraits of Grandpa Pexa: check. But, I’d like to try again.