Friday, October 29, 2010

Black and white...

Yesterday, I finished going through all of the photos I took of Brennan and his mom and dad last weekend. For the first time, I prepped all the pictures in color, and then made a black and white copy of each one as well.

As I converted the photos one by one, I was absolutely struck by each image as it changed from color to black and white. Going through this process, it was like I finally understood the power of the black and white image..... Why they are often so compelling and emotional, so timeless. When I took the color away, I could really see the subject of the photo. I understood more of what the image represented. It was one of those "a-ha" moments.

So, thanks Sandra for another fabulous opportunity to learn from our time together last weekend!!



(I know the angle on this one -below- isn't the best, but there is something about it that I just love. Maybe because I was lucky enough to capture a moment of pure joy - - not for the camera. Just for the moment.)



No comments:

Post a Comment