Sunday, November 7, 2010

Favorites...

This morning, I was lucky enough to take pictures of one of my favorite people (and her three gorgeous kids) at one of my favorite places....

Kara and I have been friends for almost 15 years. Even though we don't see each other nearly enough, she is still one of my dearest friends. We know one another from our more carefree days back in the 90's. (Oh the stories we could tell...)

We decided to take pictures at the MN Landscape Arboretum. What an amazing location for anything, especially pictures. The Arboretum is my personal "happy place." (Well, for me and the 1,000's of other people who go through it each week).

With the combination of Kara (and kids) and the Arboretum, I figured I couldn't go wrong. Picture-taking nerves be damned. Plus, with the beautiful 60 degree weather, we had near-perfect picture taking conditions. And, near-perfect is what we got....









Tate, Charlie and Barett were so sweet and adorable, and they were willing to go on my crazy little adventures in the name of a good picture. After an hour and a half of pictures, and even though I needed to get home, I really had the urge to just hop in their van and go hang out for the day.... I had the inkling that there would have been more fun in store for us!









When I did make it home and started sorting through all the photos, before I even knew it, I had pulled out 125 pictures that I thought were keepers. 125!! I've since whittled that down, just so I don't overwhelm my dear friend. But damn, I swear these kids couldn't take a bad shot.

Or Kara either....



I'll end with this picture below.

Just as we were all ready to leave, and Kara and I were saying goodbye, Barett ran out of the van in her bare feet. Since they were about the cutest darn toes I've seen in awhile, I figured they deserved a picture of their own. So Barett, here is a picture just for you! (if you click on the picture, it will view larger, so you can see the polka-dots on each of your toes).

No comments:

Post a Comment