Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Two mornings...

Daily Practice: Tuesday
This was the exact color of the sky Tuesday morning at about 7:43 a.m. (a photo straight out of the camera - no need to bump up the contrast on this one!)

They say November is a great month for beautiful sunrises and sunsets...something about the angle of the sun and bending rays of light.

I just know the sky makes me stop in my tracks and take a deep breath.

Anna too. Of this sunrise, she said "Look mom, all the colors are mixed up in the sky!"



Daily Practice: Wednesday
I think I'm worried that I'll forget to take my daily pictures, so I'm taking them first thing in the morning. But that isn't a bad thing.... I loved the light coming in the windows this morning, just as Anna was waking up. Everything had such a glow...



Anna still has that glassy-eyed look. Not quite awake yet.





But, Anna was ready for breakfast. As soon as she made it down the stairs from her room, she said, "Mama, I'm in charge today."

And so she was.... Granola bars and cornflakes for everyone.

(It could have been worse. There were buckets of halloween candy in the cabinet just 3 feet above her head...)





For a three year old, I can't think of a better way to start the morning - - being in charge AND eating on the counter. Now that doesn't happen everyday...

No comments:

Post a Comment