Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A little sass...

I'm doing my best to keep up with Picture the Holidays. It really has been a wonderful way to practice my technique, to be creative in how to represent each prompt, and to be absolutely inspired by the amazing pictures other people are posting. Here are my last few posts...

December 19th: Making a List
I don't know about you, but I'm big on lists. If I don't write it down, chances are I won't remember it! Today, share your list in one way or another. Focus on the whole or on a tiny, yet significant part. Give us a glimpse into what you jot down to help you remember.

Lists? Really? How many pictures can I post? I probably have 6, maybe 7 lists going right now. And that's just for the holidays. My lists keep me sane...

Here's one - -

Holiday baking today. One down, four to go.



And I couldn't resist an update a little later - - because a TRUE list aficionado knows that the real payoff is in the act of checking something off!

So two down. (And almost three. The brittle is nearly done as well!)



December 20th: Wrapped with Love
There is nothing more beautiful than gifts all wrapped up in anticipation of being unwrapped and enjoyed. Try focusing on something you might normally overlook. Packages are artwork in and of themselves. Honor that idea and you'll find that what's on the surface sometimes does matter.

Not quite ready for wrapping yet. But I did put together these bags for the treats I baked yesterday.



And besides not having wrapped a single present yet, I'm still getting packages. This was my front doorstep this afternoon...

(- - and I thought I was done shopping two months ago! I've found it hard to resist some of those great deals!! Things for next Christmas maybe?)



December 21st: Attitude Adjustment
Today you're encouraged to show a little (or a lot) of "sass-itude". Get creative and show off your wild side, whatever that looks like to you. Try capturing something (yourself or otherwise) that really speaks of the attitude you want to express today.

Attitude? At our house? Easy answer....



This is Anna. She is 3. And she is 100% sass and attitude! Really! 100%!

Although I admit that I am often ready to run screaming out my front door, I am so grateful for Anna's dazzling spirit. Her sense of exuberance. Her joy.

It's who she is....



On this beautiful winter solstice night, she is my light.

No comments:

Post a Comment