Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Reflections

Picture the Holidays: Reflections
From Tracey Clark: "Have you ever looked into a mirror as a means to see things a little differently? Look around and see how unique the world around you can look in reflections. Mirrors, glass, metallic surfaces all offer us opportunities to see and shoot with a unique and often unexpected perspective."

So, I am rushing around today. A full day of work on my desk, kids off to daycare and school, prep for our annual family bake-off at mom & dad's tonight, laundry, a kitchen disaster - - well, the list goes on and on.

PLUS I have to come up with a reflection photo too? It just didn't sound fun today. I felt no inspiration AT ALL!

As I worked on my baking prep, I suddenly (and thankfully) caught myself. I stopped, took a deep breath, and told myself (out loud actually) that I knew I'd fit it all in. Somehow, I always do. So, why waste energy being upset about it too?

(Yup, I've taken to talking to myself these days...But, it was a really good conversation. Long overdue. Just me. One on one...)

I decided that I can choose to be present and enjoy all the moments of the holidays or I can rush through them and miss all the fun that is right in front of me.

I choose the former.

And just then (really, it was in that exact moment), I looked down and saw my limes reflected in the grater.

Ta-da!

Reverb10: Beautifully Different
Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different - you'll find they're what make you beautiful.

This may end up being the hardest post ever. More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment